The curriculum development committee is comprised of the Executive Director, Curriculum Specialist and volunteer members of the Outdoor Council of Canada. They are assisting the Chair of the Curriculum Committee in creating and reviewing all materials associated with the Field Leader program. They meet regularly in person and by conference call. Combined they bring decades of experience from diverse backgrounds to the table.
Chair, Ian Sherrington
Ian Sherrington is a full time faculty member at Mount Royal university in Alberta. He teaches various academic and leadership courses in the Ecotourism and Outdoor leadership program. He is heavily involved in activity courses in backcountry skiing, avalanche awareness, mountain biking, and wilderness survival program areas. Ian completed his Master’s of Arts in Leadership & Training (MA-LT) at the Royal Roads University in 2002. Ian has been involved in a number of expeditions to the Himalayas, Alaska , South America and the Canadian Arctic but when at home he enjoys helping his two young daughters develop their own passion for the outdoors.
- Albi Sole (OCC Executive Director)
- Franz Plangger (OCC Curriculum Specialist)
- Bernie Woods (Principal of the 'Company of Adventurers')
- Robyn Rankin (TREK Outdoor Education Program)
- Andrew Foran (Faculty Saint Francis-Xavier university)
- Holly McIntyre (Former faculty at Cégep Gaspésie de Îles, and former Outward Bound instructor)
- Mike Crowtz (Risk management and leadership Consultant)
- Will Woods (Hiking Guide)